Thursday, January 27, 2011

Arrival in Afghanistan

I made it safely to Bagram Air Field in Afghanistan. It's 2am here, 32 degrees F, and the accommodations are a little rough. But it could always be worse. For the time being I will be living out of an enormous tent with about 300 other people. I sampled the local eats after I got settled. I'll just say that I've had worse and leave it at that. Rumor has it there is a TGIF here somewhere but I will have to wait until tomorrow to verify. This is a large base and probably one of the nicest in the country. It has a large PX, USO, MWR facilities, sidewalks, etc. Its also seems very unorganized and could probably use the services of a few talented CEC officers. Unfortunately my stay here is only temporary as I will be traveling forward in the coming days/weeks to my new home, and if this place is really as good as it gets, then it would be wise for me to dial down the expectations a bit.

Goodnight all!

1 comment:

Stephanie S. said...

Jeff, glad to hear you made it, safely. Keep that up, please. I definitely will be following your blog. Lots of love to you!